Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Will You Be Able To Support Yourself, Wall Street and Detroit When You Get That First Job?

There is a lot of bullshit being flung sort of behind our backs. While we are all looking at the election and feeling sorry for ourselves as we head into a recession, the government is using the bailout money to pick and choose who stays and who goes.

PNC will be using bailout money to purchase National City Corp. serving as a

precedent for how Henry Paulson wants to resolve the economic crisis.


My other big riff, which I admit stems down from my dad who constantly writes letters to the editor of local papers on the subject, is the governments continued bailout of Detroit.

Here's a Wall Street Journal blog that I felt the need to comment. Basically the article talks about how GM is going to be asking for money to purchase Crysler so two bad companies can become one ever larger bad company. Here's my comment:

no one can afford the inefficient American car anymore, especially when price is going to keep rising as more and more baby boomer union members retire.

the unions and the Big 3 should be condemned for their actions. a more efficient American auto industry will emerge, though it will not rival “the big 3 model” because that industry bit off more than it could chew. this just in, the U.S. isn’t the only country that can build cars anymore, so it’s time to start from scratch and figure out how to compete in a global market.

it’s not fair to ask me to support both myself and bad business during my first 20 years in the workforce. it’s not fair to ask any tax payer to pay for bad business. so let’s stop the this now.

we need to hold politicians liable for catering to bad business. target them, and vote them out of office.

Comment by the800lbsgorillia - October 28, 2008 at 2:11 pm
I'll be getting back to election related posts tonight, but I just wanted to throw this up because it's very relevant to those about to enter the work force (ie. anyone in college now who plans on getting a job in the next five years). After the election some time, I'll write more extensively on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment