Thursday, October 16, 2008

Candidates Can't Buy Votes, But Can Sell T-Shirts

I left one thing out of my post from yesterday at the Sen. Joe Biden rally. Has their ever been an election with so much merchandise?

As soon as my girlfriend and I got out of the car yesterday, a group of four or five vendors bombarded us demanding that I buy my pretty lady a shirt (Why doesn't the girl ever get harassed to buy her sexy man something? I'm sick of vendors trying to make me buy an overpriced flower or unimpressive t-shirt every time they encounter me with my girl. The only justice would be if beer vendors roamed the world and they harassed the women walking with their boyfriends. That's the America I want to live in).

Granted, this is the most I have ever paid attention to a presidential election, but I think young people are getting into Sen. Barack Obama's bandwagon because his t-shirts.

I guess I have to give credit to Obama for taking advantage of my generation's desire to wear their emotions on their chest. McCain's t-shirts suck. Personally, here is my campaign merchandiser of choice.




Doesn't that t-shirt scream patriotism? I should have asked this guy how much he makes




That's what I want, solicitation as soon as I get out of my car. Is there no peace! But I guess this does back my claim in my last post that only decided voters go to campaign rallies. What undecided voter would wear a candidate t-shirt?

1 comment:

  1. I also have noticed the style of the Obama merchandise. It really plays to the younger crowd. Some of the ads and shirts make me think of Andy Warhol. And a lot of the shirts remind me of that famous shirt with Che. I suppose this is a smart move if Obama wants to hook the younger crowd.

    ReplyDelete